All skill levels are welcome in our one-on-one drum lessons. Lessons are taught on a drum kit in our studio, however students are able to get started practicing at home with practice pads or a snare drum before purchasing or renting a drum kit. Our drum teachers are university trained educators with performance backgrounds. Lessons are available in 30, 45, and 60 minute lengths. Contact us to register.
- Lessons tailored to student’s learning style
- Optional/low pressure recitals
- Improvement in rhythmic skill, independence, and creativity
- Preparation for New York State Music Association (NYSSMA) competition
- Development of music reading skills
- Opportunities to explore a range of musical styles including rock, funk pop, jazz, classical, and world
A richer percussion experience
In addition to lessons on the drum kit, our drum students have the opportunity to learn the xylophone. Some students will spend a bit of time in each lesson on the xylophone so they may gain an understanding of melody and harmony as well as rhythm.